Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Bead Design Entries: Nirvana Beads



Sometime, during the busy fall months, I made three pieces of jewelry to enter into the Nirvana Bead Design Contest.  The two necklaces above were entered under the "Button" category and the earrings were entered under the "Earrings" category, of course! The silver plated leaf in the earrings were purchased by me from Nirvana and help create a stunning pair of earrings.  The center necklace has been created almost completely from Nirvana beads and buttons .  The center necklace and a bracelet (not show  were both selected as a winner under the  "Button" categories.  As there is only one winner, Nirvana is selecting one or the other (necklace or bracelet) as the winner; final results out tomorrow.  And what, you may ask, is the prize...a hefty gift certificate from Nirvana to purchase more beads, of course......every beaders dream!  Nirvana Beads is a great company with very down to earth folks running the business.  I found them when I fell in love with Czech buttons and wanted to start using these buttons in my designs.  As I searched for a wholesaler of these Czech buttons I cam across Nirvana and have purchased my Czech beads and buttons from them ever since.  What really makes Nirvana Beads special is the fact that they donate a portion of their profits to help those suffering from natural and man made disasters...how cool is that!  So I support Nirvana, Nirvana supports those in need and it is all good!  I like that.  Anyhow, the two necklaces above use Nirvana Czech buttons as focal points. I have been asked to create a necklace similar to the bottom blue necklace using the same button is white, with salmon and gold accents and angel wings....more edgy.  I will post a picture when I am done...the wedding is in April. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment