Saturday, July 29, 2017

Twisted Fringe

Boulder Turquoise Necklace
While in Tuscon last January, I found a few Boulder Turquoise cabochons.  Boulder Turquoise is also referred to as Ribbon Turquoise. Lapidarists  cut the stone so the turquoise presented in a thin strip through its host stone.  I made two necklaces and a pair of earrings.  the necklace above has gone ton the Artery along with the earrings.  I will keep the second necklace as I really love this stone!  It looks so naturals if this is how you might come across turquoise while digging!  The fringe is twisted.  This is the first time I attempted twisted fringe (which I have always admired and wondered how they did that!).  Twisting the fringe is a bit tedious but the look is well worth it!  The blues and greens in the beadwork complement the turquoise in the cabochon which changes from a deep green to a bright blue.  Lots of fun making these necklaces!  

No comments:

Post a Comment