Monday, July 17, 2017

Art and Sole: Fundraiser for Joshuas House

I took break from beading to create this collage, "Kickin' It" for the Art and Sole Fundraiser in Scaramento.  The funds raised through this auction of artwork will be donated to Joshuas's House, a soon to be built hospice for the homeless.  I had soooo much fun with this project.  I have been a fan of Finnabair for a while and wanted to create a collage/assemblage using various gels and heavy past mediums.  I used my sons shoes and that is his portrait in the collage.  For the portrait I used Golden GAC800 medium to make a photo transfer which was then attached to the canvas using Golden medium as a sort of glue.  I also used  Golden products to stiffen the shoelaces and upper shoe, which was used to create a hat.  There are all kinds of components used in the collage;  vintage keys and watch parts, computer circuits, vintage bottle caps, brass findings, clock hands, and a few small photo transfers.  Anyhow, it was great fun and I looked forward to creating more collages/assemblages in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment